Friday, June 17, 2011

Megan's first "meaty" meal

My mom kept suggesting to start my daughter in real food.  Which means, not just the veggies and fruit puree that she's been eating.  She wants her granddaughter to eat meat, veggies, and rice!  So here we have the pork rib rice porridge.  Since I don't have any rice already cooked, I made the rice porridge in the rice cooker with some sweet potato.  Then I cook pork rib soup with corns (for us).  Once both are done, I picked out 3 small pieces of meat and chopped them up.  I put the meat into the rice sweet potato porridge and added some finely chopped leafy green and cooked it for another 10 mins or so.  I let it cool a little bit and gave Megan a little bit to taste.  She seemed really like it.  Even I tried, it's still too much porridge that she won't be able to finish all in 2 days.  So I put them in Baby Bullet's freezer container and freeze them!  I really think that I made a good decision on buying the baby bullet system.  It's pretty handy!

Pork rib rice porridge in baby bullet freezer tray

Rice porridge (left), peach pear puree (right) in baby bullet mini cups

No comments:

Post a Comment