Sunday, June 19, 2011

Lawrence, KS

It was a fine Saturday afternoon.  We've decided to go and visit Lawrence, KS as we've never been and we live just about 30 minutes away from it.  Since we've never been there and didn't really have a chance to look up what's fun, what to do there.  We took it as an adventure just get in the car and drive.  I pulled up the gps on my phone and get a rough idea as where to.  Technology is so nice these days.

We drove to Massachusetts Ave and decided to park the car and take a walk.  There are many antique shops and way too many bars on Mass ave.  It does have a great college town feeling which I kind of miss it these days.  We walked for couple of blocks and saw a Starbucks.  At this point, we were pretty hot.  There was a ColdStone Creamery next to the Starbucks.  I asked Don which one would he rather go, he picked Starbucks.  We sent grandpa to get the car while we enjoyed the air condition and iced cold coffee/water at Starbucks.  Don also wanted a Blueberry muffin so I got one for him.  After he's halfway through the muffin, he asked me, mommy, can we go to next door after I am done with muffin?  Ha ha ha....no, that's cheating Don, you can't get BOTH the muffin and the ice cream!

We took some pictures while relaxing at the Starbucks

Baby wants some coffee too! I dress her in Kaiya Eve's ruffle top, Gimboree's ruffle skirt, and 4th of July Toe Blooms

Mudpie Tres Jolie sun hat
Big brother and his loosing tooth smile

We saw some playground while driving around.  Don wanted to play there so we stopped and took more pictures!  It's a park near the Douglas County Court House.






Toe blooms
We went to Panda & Plum Garden for dinner.  It's our first time there, the owner is pretty nice.  They are a little over friendly in American's standard.  They adored the 2 kids especially the Princess.  It's a family business with 2 sisters, a brother.  They found out that we were from Taiwan too so got very excited.  They kept stopping by and chated (I think it's more like they want to see Megan).  One of them fed Megan while the other one sneaked in a kiss on her cheek....Needless to say, I appreciate their friendliness but I had to give Megan a good bath after we came home.  We didn't come home until 9pm last night.  It was a pretty fun afternoon.  We didn't have time to see other parts of Lawrence so I think many future trips will be possible.


I made some white chocolate macadamia nut cookies for hubby for Father's Day after kids went to bed.  It's my first time making it and I think they turned out pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment