Thursday, September 29, 2011

White Chocolate Cocoa Pebbles Baseball Treats

I finally have another chance to try making more cookies.  I've been wanting to make more cookies so I can try decorating them and I was so happy when I saw it was my kid's turn to bring snacks to school this Thursday.  I was torn between making Halloween theme cookies and the rice krispie treats.  So I asked my son what he'd like.  He said rick krispie treats.  Here we are with White Chocolate Cocoa Pebbles Baseball Treats.  The original recipe was adapted from Cookies and Cups.  I really like her creative ideas and her wonderful decorated cookies.  I am not as good as she is but I hope at least my kid and her friends would appreciate the snacks that I made for them.  My son even stayed up late because he wanted to help decorating the cookies.  Did I mention that this is my first time making icing, decorating a cookie with piping bag, tips and all that.  It didn't even cross my mind what if I fail piping the stitches.  I am glad it turn out ok even though not perfect.  But at least you can tell these are baseballs right?...I meant...you can right?  Please tell me that you can! 

I used the cocoa pebbles krispie treats recipe that I made the Spiders and Owls.  I tripled the batch to have enough for 25 cookies.  I also found out, if you are running short, you can actually put the scraps together in the mold and pressed it tight.  I got 3 cookies out of scraps.  Since I didn't have any white candy melts, I used white chocolate instead.  To achieve the smooth consistency, I added 1/2 ts veg oil to the melted white chocolate.  I did half batch with and half batch without the oil (the first half batch I didn't think about it).  The 2nd half batch was much easier to coat the cookies as the white chocolate is much smoother. 

White Chocolate Cocoa Pebbles Baseball Treats

Ingredients

25 Cocoa Pebbles Treats cookies
5 oz white chocolate melted (I use Ghirardelli classic white choc chips)
1C Meringue Powder Buttercream icing with red food coloring (I also added 2 drops of lemon extract in the icing, it smells wonderful)

Directions

I made the cocoa pebbles treats, let it cool, cut up, covered with white chocolate.  Then I let these dry over night.  On the 2nd night, I mix the red coloring into meringue powder buttercream and try piping for the first time.  I thin down the icing with 1 TB of water while I was mixing color into it.  It just seems a little bit too thick to me.  It looks more for covering the cake rather than be using in the piping bag.  Then I used the trick that I learned from Karen's cookies by putting icing on a piece of plastic wrap then into the piping bag.  It's a lot easier than fill the piping bag with icing and much easier clean up too.  I piped on the 2 lines first for all cookies then go back and add the stitching details.  It was easier as the first 2 lines were already dry.  I didn't have to worry about mess it up while adding the stitches.  Well, they weren't perfect as Cookies and Cups' but hey it's my first time piping and I think it was OK.

Cocoa Pebbles with white chocolate

Lines added

Finished baseballs

No comments:

Post a Comment