Thursday, September 15, 2011

Another busy weekend

I love how I write about the weekends when the weekend is coming soon again!  Life is busy with 2 kids, can't blame me right? :)

So what did we do in the past few days?  We had some free Chick-Fil-A for breakfast on Saturday.  After that, we headed to Sar-Ko-Par Park @ Lenexa, KS for the Spinach Festival.  Do you know Lenexa was once hailed as the Spinach Capital of the World back in 1930s?  I had no idea and I don't even notice anything special about spinach in Kansas.  Anyway, the festival was full of arts, crafts, kiddo games, and fair food.  We arrived just when the baby crawling contest about to start.  I quickly registered Megan for it.  She just woke up from a nap so needless to say...she had no idea what's going on and of course didn't win.  Oh well, at least I had fun I guess.  I assigned Don to take pictures of his little sister and he was too busy cheering for her and forgot about it.  After the race, Don and I went around the kids zone and he played few games.  He did beanie bag toss, ring toss, mechanic surfboard riding, and got a ghost draw on his arm.  Since we had a circus to go in the afternoon, we didn't stay too long after that.  Don did ride the surfboard like 50000 times though!



Saturday afternoon, we picked up Daddy from the house.  Don, Daddy, and I headed to downtown KC for the Ringling Bros circus show.  It was the 2nd time Don see a circus however it's the first time watching Ringling's.  Don said it was the best show of his life!  I guess it all makes sense as Ringling's claims that they are the GREATEST show on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment