Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to you!  It's time to indulge chocolate dipped strawberries!  However, I am not a big fan of chocolate so we'll just eat the strawberries without the chocolate ok?

We celebrated the Valentine's Day a little early this year as my morning routine normally involves rush rush rush during the weekday.  So on Sunday, I made my favorite heart shaped breakfast for the men (hubby & son) in my life.  It's actually very easy, just need to have couple of cookie cutters which I have plenty from my previous cookie making obsession that didn't last very long lol!

Bacon, pineapple, kiwi, bread, and egg in the middle!


Made it with a pressed cookie cutter
For Valentine's Day eve, I made black pepper sauce ribeye steak dinner, completed with asparagus, mashed potato, and homemade TangZhong dinner rolls.  Both hubby and son cleaned their plates!

See how soft and fluffy the TangZhong roll is

Steak with black pepper sauce
This morning, I some how managed to have few minutes, so I quickly made some more heart shaped breakfast for my son.  He sure loves it!

Egg, orange slice, turkey and ham sandwich!

Tonight, we plan to make another heart shaped dinner, maybe I'll post some more pictures tomorrow!  It's nice to be able to go out for candlelight dinner.  However, when you have a kid with bedtime at 7:30, it's really not much you can do.  Since I do enjoy cooking, I guess these will have to do for now.  It's also very rewarding when your kid's face light up after seeing the heart shaped cute breakfast that mommy made just for him!  You can even hand the cookie cutters to the kids and have them help out!  Enjoy your Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment